10 December 2010

From the Office.

I am bored in work. I was brought into this job during the peak season of the University and now that all the excitement has died down, it seems my workload is shrinking by the day. Sure I get to skive in the office and do nothing but I just feel crappy and bored. Gone were the days when time just flew by so quickly without even blinking an eye. Now, all my best effort goes to trying not to yawn in front of my colleagues and not fall asleep.

I want work! As nutty as this might sound, I really enjoy working. Even if it is something I don’t know how to work on, I enjoy learning and google-ing just to find the solution to the work that I am given. Feels like I earn what I’ve worked for. Now, I am just growing fat in the office. Jesus, I think that is how my dad went from a size 0 model into a plus size model! haha…

As much as I love working in this office, unfortunately my contract ends in roughly a week from now and I have yet to succeed to obtain an interview with anyone else. I don’t feel demoralized but rather it’s the sense of not knowing what is going to happen in the coming months plus the fact that I know I could nail half the interview if I was just given the opportunity to but somehow I am not receiving any. Am I being too snobbish by saying I could nail an interview or the fact that there is something really wrong with my CV which has so far put off about 100 + applications.

All this uncertainty is starting to slowly kill me again. I like the idea of moving about but I also like to have a solid plan that would cover at least 6-12 months ahead. Now I can’t plan for anything except for 3 months ahead. Heck I might even be home for good come February if things don’t go as planned! As much as I would love to be home for the festive season, the food and the people, I have come to terms that home is not somewhere one could start a career at.

Gosh have you heard of all the horror stories that are linked with new graduates? It’s like the playground for Freddy Keuger. Perhaps I am being pampered too much. I need to grow a pair. Only time will tell what or where I would be in 3 month’s time. Until then, I am just going to kick back once my contract with MMU ends and enjoy the holiday season plus the trip down to London (urgh !) for the New Year’s eve countdown.

M

No comments: