27 December 2010

Christmas and Resolutions.

Hey

Another year is about to leave us. Here we are standing at the last days of 2010. Has it been good to you ? For me it's not been the best year BUT it has most certainly taught me a lot. My resolutions for 2010 has almost been successfully fulfilled. Graduating on time and getting a little healthier was pretty much the list and I am proud to say I have achieved it.


I'm not a dreamer and neither do I set high goals. I like to be realistic. Have goals that are within achievable range but yet needs effort to be put in and at the same time have space for myself to breath and take a break every now and then. Life isn't all about achieving goals and making progress. Sometimes the best progress is to look back and rebuild that foundation you have set upon yourself. That way, you do not lose sight of what you really want, what really matters and the path which you set yourself upon.


Someone once said to me that it is not the destination that matters but rather the journey there that counts. Progress could be made in methods that are not entirely ethical but at the end of the day, deep down would you really be happy about it? I don't know about the majority of y'all but to me, ever little progress is victorious because I have put my heart, soul and blood into making it a success. Call me sentimental or old school. Who cares. At the end of the day as long as my conscious is intact that is all that matters. I don't believe in religion but I do believe in being an ethical person.


So you might ask "What's Next ?" for the adventures of Marcus. Honestly, IDK. LOL. As stupid as it sounds, I am pretty much like a lily petal in an ocean, floating to wherever live/opportunity takes me to. I have been blessed so far because I have experienced a LOT in the last 3 years of being abroad. I have seen, laughed, joked, sobbed, flew, listened, understood, figure, experiment and loved. Growing up is a journey that is inevitable to all but for me, I have nothing but awed at the pace of it right now. I have learned so much in the last year that I would never had imagined myself learning 2 years ago when I was standing at KLIA airport.



So as of today, my 2011's New Year Resolution would be to settle with a job, getting a little more toned up (too much gaming XD), travel to at least 1 foreign speaking country and spread the love for world peace (so that I get to travel more with less war) and try to go to a trance music festival (no I do not pop pills)

There, I've said it. What about you ? Have you reflect back and liked what you did ?



M

No comments: