22 December 2009

Small Re-union (Part 1)…

Hey there guys

Time does fly when you’re having fun ain’t it ? This last weekend just seem to slip away so quickly !

In my last entry I did say I would finally publish something about Manchester and it’s attraction and guess what ? With tall Nick around, Bert and I finally took the initiative to walk around Manchester while showing Nick the current city we are in. Though we do not know much about it, I have to say Manchester does offer quite a bit of an attraction of a regular budget student.

Over the weekend, we had a little gathering for students that attended University of West Georgia, USA last year as a foreign student and boy reminiscing about the old time still brings laughter to our faces. Though it has only been 6 months since I last saw any of them, when they turned up at the meeting point one by one it was like seeing a long lost buddy that I’ve not seen for ages.

19122009091From left : Me, Nick, Stephen, Chelsea, Jade, Lauren and Bert at Sandbar.

(Only me, Nick, Stephen, Jade and Bert went to UWG. Chelsea went to OU which is near enough !)

Unfortunately Surangi did not stay long enough to appear in this photo but it was great seeing her again ! Told ya Manchester is a better university than Carrollton!

But first early in the day, Stephen was kind enough to give us a lift to Old Trafford or better known as “Theatre of Dreams” to show Nick the pride of Manchester.

 P1050766

It was a good day and boy did the stadium looked gorgeous !

P1050768

A monument to the Munich accident. A dark moment in football history which sparked the return of the Red Devils and it’s stadium being dubbed the “Theatre of Dreams”.

 P1050769

Man they had TONS of trophies in this room. Though I wanted to see the UEFA trophy up close it was no longer in exhibit.

 P1050770

Think we look like managers, figuring out the positions of the players ??? :)

 P1050774

The noisiest end of the stadium where most of the profanities come from. They are officially at the other end from the Away team supporters.

 P1050790

Guess where we sat in the actual changing room ??? It was something really cool !

 

P1050777

Us at the Away team supporter area !

 P1050781

Candid !

 P1050788

The chill out room where players hang around while awaiting for the home game…

After a chill out session at the bar (ala Brittish style) as mention above, we headed into the city center for a night out. I have to say, I’m impressed with the DJ that was in Pure that night. Though it was 8 pounds for entrance, I did really enjoyed the tracked that was played on.

20122009100

20122009097

20122009098

Although I’d like to say I will be back there again for another night out, the price is a little steep and I did not quite like the crowd that was on the dance floor for reason such as an asshole dude spilled drinks all over my back while trying to go after Jade’s friend, Lauren and even asked me to back off from dancing with her, Stephen almost got into a fight with that asshole because he trip while holding onto Stephen’s neck and man there were TONS of people doing drugs on that dance floor. Uggh talk about a recipe for disaster. Luckily it was the price of the drinks that saved us from getting into any serious trouble.

12122009088Dead gorgeous couple for the evening !

Have to say this party definitely made up for the crappy Asian party I attended about 2 weeks ago. The group of people I went with was great but the overall crowd was shit, DJ played some pretty mixed up shit starting with mainstreams, jumping into trance and house, hopping over into some Yankee hip-hop and ended the evening with R&B. I’m not by any means a DJ what so ever but boy I can tell you that was some real messed up stuff. The crowd was a big help either with the English speakers and the Mandarin speakers not mixing around causing an invisible force field !

Well I guess that’s all the crap I’m gonna cook up for now but fear not there will be a Part II coming up (when I am bothered to write another long winded-nobody-reading-blog) but till then, I wish y’all a Merry Christmas and have a great New Year. Let’s hope less famous people get lowered 6 ft under next year!

 

Cheers

 

Marcus

 

PS : A month ago the weather was like this…

05122009086

This week it looks like this…

P1050765

I have to give credits to the drastic change in climate. Global warming has never affected me this much before !

No comments: